Pages

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Day 5 Bonus Activity

Bonus Activity: Jesse Owens was a black American athlete who participated in the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, Germany. He is considered to be one of the bravest and most inspirational Olympic athletes because he competed at a time when the leader of Germany (Adolf Hitler) did not want black men competing at the Olympic Games. Here is a picture of Jesse from the 1930s. Can you think of someone in your own life that inspires you? On your blog, tell us who your inspirational person is and why they inspire you.

My inspirations are my parents. I say this because, they have taught me so much about life in general. One thing, they would always say is 'What comes around, comes back around'. I think that this is an amazing saying, because in my opinion, I think it's telling me that I have so many opportunities ahead.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you, Rosrine. I think that the saying, "What goes around comes around" is a really important phrase for one to live their life by. To me it means that everything that you do, all of the kind and helpful things that you do for others, will eventually come back in your direction and happen to you, too. I try my best to be as nice and kind as I possibly can to others and hope that they will, in turn, treat me nicely and with kindness. I am trying to teach my son, Aronui, to follow in these footsteps as well.

    I think that it's very special that you have such a lovely relationship with your parents and consider them to be your inspiration. I hope that you have the chance to tell them just how important they are to you. I'm sure that it would make them feel so special :)

    Keep working hard and you will have many, many great opportunities ahead of you!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete